Posted on Tuesday 24th August, 2021
Online Trivia Night
Saturday Aug 28, 7pm
Limited to 100 entries only!
Things you need to know:
Lookout on Facebook for the event and RSVP on there so we can get an idea of numbers
- The best way to play is with a large screen on your computer or laptop so you can have Zoom and a browser open together, side by side
- If you’ve got a device that can only fit one application at a time, like an iPad, then you might need to toggle between Zoom and your browser while we play
- It’s possible to answer questions on your phone using the quiz link, so that could be an option too
- All questions are multiple choice (4 possible answers). Players get between 20 and 30 seconds to answer a question.
- Most questions are worth a maximum of 100 points, but there’ll be a few bonus questions worth double points
- A timer starts counting down for each question and the points start dropping from 100 to 0. The faster you answer, the more points you get.
- Answers are shown on the screen after everyone has answered. A leaderboard is displayed on the screen after every round.
- There are 50 questions in total in a range of categories including General Knowledge, Geography, History, Science – and Swimming!
- We’ll have 5 rounds of 10 questions, plus some time to chat
- Find somewhere comfortable to play
- The session will take around one and a half hours
- Bring along drinks and nibbles
- Pat Birgan, your host, will be online from 6:45pm so feel free to jump online earlier, especially if you think you’ll need some help signing onto the game and setting up.
We’ll post a reminder on Facebook on the day with the Zoom and Quiz links.