For all our members, with many in lockdown, we are hosting another ‘virtual’ meet where members can take part and earn points for a variety of ‘fitness’, ‘friendship’ or ‘fun’ activities.
You don’t need to swim to take part (though that is one of the activities for those that have the opportunity), you can take walks & cook healthy meals to earn points. The more activities completed, the more points earned.
A fantastic, fun week filled with activity.
- 30 minute walk – 5 points
- 1km swim, open water or pool – 10 points
- 5km run or 20km cycle – 15 points
- 6 step circuit, 3 sets – 10 points
click here for a PDF of the circuit
- A to Z workout: complete EVERY letter in order, in a consecutive workout – 50 points
click here for a PDF of the workout
- 45 minute workout: weights and/or resistance bands – 10 points
- Yoga or stretch, 15 minutes – 5 points
- Phone or Facetime with a fellow masters member, or other good deed – 5 points
- Play a boardgame or complete a puzzle – 5 points
- Cook or bake a healthy swimmer’s meal/treat and share – 5 points
- Make a ‘swim related’ video & upload to this page (max. of two per person) – 10 points each
- Take a photo of yourself while doing an event & upload to this page (max. of five per person) – 5 points each
- photos & videos can be uploaded through an online form
- the maximum file size for upload through the online form is around 8Mb
- when filming your video, record in a lower resolution in order to decrease the file size – in your video app, select Settings -> Video Size or Video Quality
- if all else fails and you cannot upload your photo or video through the online form, you can attach in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 30 minutes work at home, such as gardening or carwash – 10 points
- Completely clean out your swim/kit bag (incl. try on your swim suit) – 1 point
Don’t forget to Socially Distance from your fridge, to help “flatten the curve”
Please enter only your completed events, not your aspirations – you can enter your completed events as you go – watch out for the “Edit response” link in the entry confirmation – this will enable you to go back and edit, or add to, your original entry at any time. Please check your spam/junk mail folder if you do not receive an email confirmation after submitting your entry.
Your entry, with total points earned, should be displayed in the results below almost immediately, but sometimes may take up to 5 minutes.
entries open August 9
Breaking News: **Entries now open to Masters Swimming Victoria members**
Can you do better this time around?
Can we get more men?
Can we get more members in the 18-35 yr age group?
Will there be some interstate rivalry?
Programme developed from a concept by Milford Athletic Club.