For the purposes of the NSW Branch Point Score (BPS) Trophy competition, and other relevant MSNSW awards, member clubs of MSNSW will be divided into four divisions in accordance with section A5 of the MSNSW Consolidated Rules of Competition, and points will be awarded in accordance with section C.
View the list of Club Divisions for 2020/21/22.
Special Rules of Competition for 2021 meets
- All meets sanctioned by MSNSW will score points (clubs and individual swimmers) for the total point score for 2021. These will include club meets, MSNSW meets, mini meets (3 or more clubs), virtual meets, open water meets conducted by MSNSW, state championship meets
- Non swimming Officials who work at meets will also be included in the pointscore as will trainee officials who work on pool deck at a meet (with supervision)
- Times recorded at sanctioned meets will be eligible to be recorded as branch, national and world Masters records (subject to pool surveys and AOE for world records)
- Points will be awarded as per MSA rules ie 10 points for the fastest swimmer in the age group, 9 points for second, 8 for 3rd Relays will be double points in each age group.
- Only swimmers who are members of MSNSW will be eligible to score points
- Average points will also be calculated for each meet- total points accumulated at the meet divided by the number of swimmers competing at the meet
- The 4 Divisions will remain making it a fairer competition for smaller clubs
- State championship events will remain the same with the same awards and rules but all points will be added to the 2021 total tally
- The number of officials on deck at a meet will depend on the size of the meet. All meets must have a Meet Director and there MUST be 1 referee and 1 starter at a meet between 3 or more clubs (if records are to be recognised). There will be no marshalling, all meets will check start swimmers. If unsure of the number of officials contact Jillian in the office for advice.
- All results of meets must be sent to the state recorder (if the recorder is not present at the meet) in a timely manner, times will be added to the portal and points tallied.
- Warm up and cool down lanes as per MSA rules must be provided
- Meet flyers must specify all information for swimmers (as in the past) and be sent to the office for sanctioning in a timely manner
- Entries will be online (as before) and closing date will be advertised on the flyer. Full programme will be published after close of entries (if applicable)