MSNSW 2021 Thredbo Swim Camp
Friday, 1 October 4:30pm – Monday, 4 October 2021 10:30am
Thredbo Leisure Centre
NOTE: The camp could be cancelled or modified in the event of a COVID-19 crisis.
To reserve your spot, email Susan Leech email@example.com who will confirm your spot and payment details. Numbers are limited, so get in quick!
- Swim sessions planned and coached by Anne Smyth (MSNSW Branch Coaching Director, MSA & MSNSW Coach of the Year 2014) and Greg Gourley (MSA and MSNSW Coach of the Year 2019 & 2020) from Tuggeranong Vikings.
- Six swim sessions running 8:30-10:30am & 5:00-7:00pm.
- Swim sessions focus on technique, stroke and skills, including solid swim sets, filming and stroke analysis. Go home fitter, with improved technique!
- In addition to pool swim sessions, there will be some strength and stretching dryland sessions …. and, of course, the chance to relax and socalise out of the pool!
Two options available: fully catered at Boali Lodge or self-catering at Albury Ski Lodge.
- Fully catered. $525 per person twin or queen share for three nights, including all meals and swim sessions.
- Twin share, queen share or loft rooms available. Loft rooms are twin or queen share on a lower level with two single beds in a loft accessed via a ladder.
Albury Ski Club
- Self-catered. $220 per person, in two payments. $120 (payable up front) for accommodation and $100 payable to pool reception on arrival.
- Twin share king single beds.
- Must buy, bring, and/or cook own food, provide own linen (including towels) and assist with cleaning on Monday before departure.
- Kosciuszko National Park Pass costs $87 per vehicle (= 3 x $29 per day).
- Partners and older children are welcome at both Boali Lodge and Albury Ski club. Children need to be 18, or over, to join in the swimming.
- Boali Lodge
- Climbing stairs is necessary to access all rooms, but access to one room has less stairs.
- 10-minute walk to pool.
- Albury Ski Club
- Kitchen-dining area of the lodge is well apportioned and functional. Alternatively, you can eat out or buy take away in the village. But note that only the bistro of the Alpine Hotel will be open on the Sunday.
- All but one of the rooms are up a flight of stairs.
- Close to pool.
- Note: Daylight saving starts on the Saturday/Sunday night.
Testimonials from 2019 Thredbo Swim Camp
The camp was a great opportunity to focus on all strokes. I liked the mix of drills, the use of the tempo trainer, as well as the tough sessions. It was nice to get to know people from other clubs. Amber (NNS)
What was good – great coaching, comfortable accommodation and delicious food. I thought the opportunity to get individual feedback from the filming session was especially good. Annette (NTN)
Can’t praise this swim camp enough. The coaching was of the highest standard, covering all strokes in a friendly, non-threatening environment. We were challenged to try new equipment and techniques and the video analysis was particularly useful. Pam (NTN)
The accommodation was fabulous. The rooms we shared were more that acceptable and we had large areas to lounge around chatting and getting to know each other better. The food was exceptional and plenty. The coaching was super, efficient and well thought out. All abilities were catered for. All strokes were covered, from drills, skills to the complete stroke. The opportunity to be filmed and get feedback about your stroke was excellent and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to improve their stroke. Sharon (NPM)